View Single Post
Old 27 Mar 2014, 13:11 (Ref:3385116)   #2726
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Lets have a bit of rampant speculation then.

All the media outlets said that when announced, TOCA was to issue 30 TBLs, with two being reserved for teams deemed suitable entrants. Seeing as we have 31 entrants this year, who has possession of one of the ''extra'' entries? My obvious thought is Lea Wood or Robb Holland, both are new single-car teams but not new-to-the-BTCC drivers.

And do these ''extra'' entries run to the same restrictions as full time TBLs? (By that I mean, max one driver change per year). And can the 32nd TBL be issued after the season starts? i.e. Could Mr Gravett or whoever find the budget to source a car and get it out at a later date?

Also, spotted on the BTCC link I posted there, it says two extra cars for celebrities/guests are possible, so we could have a grid of 34 cars.....assuming 34 NGTC cars existed.

TOCA may allow up to two extra cars on top of the 32 TBLs to participate at selected events. These will be as ad-hoc, celebrity or R&D entries and will not gain championship points or count towards eligibility for a TBL.