View Single Post
Old 3 Feb 2012, 00:18 (Ref:3020797)   #2542
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyronnezx View Post
yeah they have alot to prove but Toyota still is determined to win at le mans. how funny is it that after Toyota announces two cars Audi runs for the hills and enters their two hybrids too. i think Audi will be the favorites for the podium but it would be stupid to write Toyota off even if this is their maiden year. these guys stufffed up formula one but everything else seems to fit well for the boys and girls in cologne. i think this year alone they had six formula one teams testing their cars there
When people were talking about Audi likely having entered 4 cars, they were also still talking about Peugeot entering 3. I don't think this is Audi's response to Toyota you're seeing here...

Toyota has tons of potential but it's hard to dominate your first crack at LM. Peugeot's 908 certainly didn't show its true strength until year 2, and remember the R8R/R8C were no great shakes at LM in 99 either.

The setup at Cologne is certainly good technically; they have a good underutilized wind tunnel. That, combined with fun loopholes in the RRA, is the reason why F1 teams used their facilities. I don't really see what relevance that has to their likely strength upon debut at LM.