Old 29 Sep 2023, 00:26 (Ref:4178707)   #13
Petoli
Racer

United Kingdom
Petoli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
https://www.tcr-uk.co.uk/2024-tcr-uk-gen-1-cup/
New 'Gen 1 Cup' sub-class for 2024. Open to older spec Audi, Cupra, Golf and Astra. Possibly more cars to be added later.

Seems like a sensible idea. There are a few drivers already on the grid who are unable or unwilling to upgrade to the latest equipment, and there are plenty of older cars on the market.
I did think something like that would be a good idea a lot of those cars about

I take they are going to be selective about what a Gen 1 car is

Technically the I30N and Veloster would be a Gen1 car but they are still more completive then say the Golf, Astra and Cupra

If they were to add more models the FK2 civic would fit into the category what about the FK7 it has been replaced by the Fl5

How is Gen 1 car being defined, A new Lynk and Co was introduced this year so the old one is a Gen 1 car

The Cupra Leon raced by Mark Smith in the last round has been up for sale for a while on his had is was said it was one of the last built and it was built in 2019

What about a Hyundai I30 Built in 2018

If im thinking of car that could be eligible for this cup outside of the mentioned some of which have never raced in TCR UK

Alfa Romeo Giuletta, Honda Civic FK2, Kia Ceed, Peugeot 308 Racing Cup, Renault Megane, Subary WRX

Or would it make more sense to say all cars built before a certain date are eligible for this cup