View Single Post
Old 17 Jun 2011, 22:20 (Ref:2901161)   #11
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
MJ_N_09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
News!

Gibbs wants Carl Edwards. Trying to put him in the #20, with Logano moving to a 4th team car, IF this ever happens.

"Gibbs courting Edwards? am hearing that Carl Edwards, currently the driver of the #99 Roush Fenway Racing Ford, is being courted by Joe Gibbs Racing to take over the #20 Home Depot Toyota ride. Where would that leave current #20 driver, Joey Logano, to the long rumored 4th Joe Gibbs car, no word on who would be the sponsor, if it happens.(6-17-2011)"

May as well get this news over with:

Andretti Autosport going to NASCAR? SPEED.com open wheel reporter Robin Miller joined Steve Byrnes on NASCAR Race Hub on SPEED Thursday evening to discuss Danica Patrick and Andretti Autosport among other things. Following is the transcript in part from the interview;
On any traction to the rumors of Andretti Autosport going to NASCAR:
Miller: "John Lopes (CFO of Andretti Autosport), who puts all their sponsorships together, said last week & I said, 'Hey, is there anything to this rumor that you guys might be going stock car racing?' He said, 'We're exploring. We're definitely looking into it.' So, we've heard that they might be connected to Roush, that they might be doing something with Ford Motor Company, but that kind of makes me wonder that Michael (Andretti) is probably not going to go with General Motors when the new engines come along next year, but everybody is assuming if Andretti goes to NASCAR, he'll just keep Danica. I don't think that's going to happen. I don't think that's going to happen at all. They're looking at opportunities to replace this GoDaddy money with some NASCAR money and I tell you what that's a huge deficit to make up when you lose somebody like GoDaddy because it's probably the second or third biggest sponsorship in IndyCar racing and that's going to be tough to replace."(SPEED)(6-17-2011)

More on Danica to NASCAR? SPEED.com open wheel reporter Robin Miller joined Steve Byrnes on NASCAR Race Hub on SPEED Thursday evening to discuss Danica Patrick and Andretti Autosport among other things. Following is the transcript in part from the interview;
On whether rumors are true that Danica Patrick is headed to NASCAR fulltime:
Miller: "We've been saying for six months that she's gone. I don't think anyone in IndyCar thinks that she's going to be around. I think everyone is resigned to the fact that IMG is going to take her to NASCAR. Where she lands in NASCAR, I think that's what is going to be interesting. Tony Stewart lately has been saying, 'I'd really like to see her come here. She's got a lot of potential.' I think that potential might be assigned to that GoDaddy paycheck, which is pretty big."(SPEED)(6-17-2011)

IMS (Brickyard) Hosting NNS race next year?

"Indianpolis Motor Speedway considering taking Nationwide race: An Indianapolis Motor Speedway spokesman Tuesday confirmed talks to bring a sports car race to the facility's road course in 2012 during NASCAR's Brickyard 400 weekend, but he said no agreement is in place. The biggest obstacle: converting the facility from a road course configuration, which would be used for a Friday endurance race of Grand-Am's Rolex Series, to an oval for NASCAR on Saturday and Sunday. NASCAR owns Grand-Am, which would bring a title sponsor to cover the sanctioning fee estimated at $200,000. Also being discussed is a move of the weekend's Nationwide Series race, which comes with a guaranteed check of about $700,000 due to the television contract, from Lucas Oil Raceway to IMS. IMS officials have been looking for ways to bolster the Brickyard weekend amid declining attendance.(Indianapolis Star)(6-15-2011)"