View Single Post
Old 16 Jul 2011, 21:23 (Ref:2927522)   #21
kurski
Veteran

Finland
kurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Villeneuve shopping for race team

Updated Jul 16, 2011 3:26 PM ET

Jacques Villeneuve came to New Hampshire Motor Speedway on Saturday to shop -- for a race team.

While the 1997 Formula champ's first choice would be acquiring a full-time ride in either the Sprint Cup or Nationwide Series, Villeneuve realizes providing his own seat my be the best option to join the sport.

“There’s two things, if I can get a good ride, I probably would not be looking at (buying a team) but the way the budgets are right now you might as well bring it yourself,” Villeneuve said. “If I could get a full-time ride, I probably wouldn’t bother.”

Villeneuve said his first preference is Sprint Cup. But he would prefer a solid Nationwide Series team to a struggling Cup operation. That’s what Villeneuve has found with his current part-time deal at Penske Racing.

“I really like the Nationwide Series,” Villeneuve said. “It’s a lot of fun and it’s really good racing.

“With Penske Racing, it’s been great. It’s a great team. The people are great. The cars are great. The team is great. They give you everything you need to be able to do what you need to do.”
Hopefully, Villeneuve should full-time contract for next year...