View Single Post
Old 26 Dec 2007, 10:56 (Ref:2094949)   #26
Flatintop
Rookie

Flatintop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeks6
YEP ... precisely. Any time a REAL top class driver has been in the car it has (amazingly) performed. In A1GP unlike F1, there is a much bigger variation in driver ability than car speed.

Dyk is out of his league - no doubt about this - and should be sacked immediately otherwise the season is worthless. I'm also not convinced that John Martin is the answer because he has been off the pace of competitive guys (0.3 sec is an eternity).

Unfortunately, I don't have the answers about who to put in but it's time to have a "shootout" between all the likely young guns. For what its worth, I think these cars wouls suit Leanne Tander so I'd like to see her have a drive. I also think her aggression suits the category.
I think the team feel that John Martin is ready to take on the lead driver role. Ok, John Martin was 0.3 of a second behind Michael Ammermuller in the rookie session at Zhuhai, but if he was only 0.3 behind Ammermuller in qualifying (who went on to take pole for the sprint race), he would of been 3rd on the grid. A1 Team Australia haven't looked like qualifying on the second row of the grid since Ryan Briscoe was driving for the team.