View Single Post
Old 24 Jan 2012, 03:26 (Ref:3016022)   #13
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The most anticipated sportscar race in the history of North American motorsports since Petit Le Mans 2011, more like. Congrats to GARRA.

This is going to be a decent one, no doubt, but I can't really say it is a million miles above previous versions. The DP race is a bit of a snore for me to be honest, I don't see an obvious underdog of character to cheer for like Brundle in the UA/Shank Riley last year. Car count in DP is low but most of the loss is at the dull end of the field, I surmise. Lots of potential in GT with the Canuck in me pulling for Hinchcliffe in the 70, the novelty-lover in me going for the Ferraris and the classicist hoping Porsche pulls the rabbit out of the hat with one of its many hands. Still, the GT cars themselves bore me, like a hobbled version of a halfway-decent formula (GT3). One of these years a halfway pukka 997 GT3R will run (in my dreams) and we'll nearly have recovered GT cars as serious as 10 years ago!