EZY PEEL
Rookie

New Zealand
Auckland, NZ in my PIMPED F150
EZY PEEL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE=brown dog;2982410][QUOTE=EZY PEEL;2982403]
Quote:
Originally Posted by brown dog View Post
Just adds another cost to the teams if they decide to continue. For example, if I was a team owner, I would be developing a system to retain the wheelnuts in the wheels (nothing new there) or convert to a Nascar style system where the nuts are glued on to the new wheel and long studs are used. Once somebody does it, every one else will have to or get left behind.

From your own rules:

(4)
Alternative fixation studs and nuts may be fitted provided they are entirely of ferrous
material and respect the original thread diameter, pitch and number.

And thats about it for wheelnuts. Nothing there to prevent running long wheel studs or retaining the nuts on the wheels. With the exception of maybe Foggy's pitstop which was very quick, the rest all looked like amateur hour,eg. dropping wheelnuts, mechanics without gloves to handle hot wheelnuts, rattle guns that would not undo wheelnuts. etc and in my view did nothing to help the credibility of the race. Looks like 95% of the field needed more "practise practise practise" [sic]

Ok, I do not have the rules in front of me (that is Kev's job) but as it is explained to me the nuts must be able to fall free from the wheels.

I am Angus's Jack Man (and Kevin was on the gun) so I thank-you for the compliment. We practised very hard and knew both of our exact jobs and speeds and had rehersed multiple back-up plans for possible curve balls. I believe it payed off too. (Driver was happy and that is the main thing).