View Single Post
Old 24 Mar 2014, 04:06 (Ref:3383504)   #21
GT-Eins
Veteran

Germany
Hannover, Germany
GT-Eins should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGT-Eins should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by belt driven View Post
GT-Eins; I mean no disrespect for your language or your country. I am a fan of Porsches, BMWs (older, lighter ones), autobahns, and Nurburgring. I also like charts and graphs.

The very first time I clicked a link to your site, I was faced with a Sebring Qualifying chart (since removed) full of gross errors. A gross lack of detailed data from IMSA makes it difficult for me to verify the accuracy of your other info.

There were two responses counter to one of your previous conclusions. Without a translation, I have no insight into your data sources, background, experience, mindset or, dare I say, biases. So for now, I will take your info with a grain of salt. Good day to you.
The Sebring chart was indeed messed up as the mentioned lack of data from IMSA (it was by far better last year) made it hard for me to countercheck the data I received regarding qualifying in time.

Don´t want to blame someone other so we just messed up with the Excel table and the whole thing turned out to be incorrect for the P-class and was consequently eliminated - thanks for indicating this to me!

Source of data is imsatiming.com - especially the CSV-files from the races.

To create such datajournalistic approaches - in order to fulfill the ACO demands to the media 3 or 4 years ago - we are strongly dependent on the series providing adequate data sources. There are some who provide this perfectly (WEC, ADAC-GT) some less perfect (VLN/IMSA/SRO) and a lot who don´t - which is a shame because its a good way to discover talents.

As for the interpretation of the Graphs:
Yes pure speed is one thing - the Standard-deviation or "Cloud-density" (=consistency) is another which may be more important. If you check our race-stats of the WEC-runs 2013 you may discover examples of both type of drivers (more fast and more reliable) in the Audi squad. Speaking to Ralf Jüttner we heared to several occasions that "...the reliable one saved us this win". So there is a point.

As for 2014 :
we try to provide these this year for
WEC
NAEC
ADAC-GT
partly VLN
maybe BES (if the data-situation improves..)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accident View Post
Will there be any analysis for GTLM?
Yes - still working on it

Maybe a good occasion to set a link on the previous article about the P-class:
http://www.gt-eins.at/cms/index.php?...9152&Itemid=31