View Single Post
Old 29 Aug 2010, 01:16 (Ref:2751602)   #79
dj4monie
Veteran

United States
Reseda, California
dj4monie is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
No money to buy new engines? At this rate of failures, I'm thinking they only have a clump of old engines that have gone through a huge number of rebuilds.
Definition of no money would be what Club Racers tend to do, take money out of another area of the family budget or re-fining the house so they can continue racing. This is not the case with Autocon or Intersport. They bought a LMPC car and had the LMP1 updated over the off-season, that takes MONEY my friend.

They are not broke, they do not want to spend the money. Just like Autocon does not want to spend money on a brand new transmission and took one made of two other transmissions to make ONE at Le Mans and didn't even complete the first lap.

They have old engines on their last legs and since they own them, the cost is only rebuilding likely only during the off-season.

THIS off-season will be interesting, unless the ALMS grandfathers the older Lola's, they'll have to buy new cars. I'd say that is likely to happen, along with a completely new engine package for 2011 and then maybe we'll be a threat by actually finishing some races.