View Single Post
Old 29 Feb 2012, 05:44 (Ref:3032823)   #1417
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman. View Post
Hey all - first post on these forums so i'll try not to come across as too much of a newbie.

The B12H has been on the "to-do" bucket list for a while and after watching on the weekend thought it might now be the time to look at ticking this box off. I'm coming from a Tarmac rally background however and have no real circuit racing experience though so would definitely be looking at starting off somewhere in the shallower end of the pool.

My current car is an R35 GT-R and probably watching TA and the Donut boys on the weekend is what's really sparked the interest for me, but the research I've done this last week has me totally confused as to how an R35 fits under GT4 regs? Is it just a case of really no one gives a sh!t? Because from what I can see there is no way one is running under GT4 in Europe. But the original posted B12H regs have the R35 listed as eligible but said "Refer to SRO" - which say no AWD. And the following reg updates had the R35 removed from the list.

So there are basically no regs anywhere I can find on the net for this class to help out as far has B12H goes - but for me it wouldn't be that hard to get the car prepped for something like this from Tarmac Rally spec if there is going to a future in it?
R35 may qualify in the invitational class for eligibility.........others on this forum should be able to help you as to who you should speak to.