View Single Post
Old 4 Feb 2012, 21:52 (Ref:3021641)   #1588
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick6 View Post
That game was fun way back when.
It is said that Bobby Rahal quite enjoys it as well. Risi, well, not so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchZ06 View Post
With the proper P1 B12's Dyson shouldn't get the same BoP breaks they got last season.
Maybe they won't get quite so many breaks as last year if the engine is improved, but the ALMS will provide BoP for any reason possible it seems. Drayson got a pretty large restrictor break just because he sucked at driving. The Muscle Milk RS Spyder got a break compared to the Highcroft car in 2010.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexkiller8 View Post
maybe they asked AER to develope a less explosive engine this time.
Reliability wasn't so much the problem last year (in the races at least, I think there may have been 1 or 2 problems in practice), but the issue could have been that the engines were tuned down a bit to get reliability with BoP making up the difference. If so, Dyson should be ashamed of themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knighty View Post
from what I hear (and I'm rather well informed on this one) they have that all in hand, the Dyson 2012 engine spec will be a very different animal this year, still an AER Mazda I4, but a very different engine under the skin......it will also be interesting to see what Lola have done as I thought the longer wheelbase car was already quite a big step, certainly form an engine packaging point of view with all the new scaffolding.......
It'll be interesting to see what this new engine can do, but how will the ALMS know what BoP to give this new car if it does not run before Sebring? IMSA can set their own rules for ALMS cars at Sebring and I'm sure Dyson will want that BoP if they need some and I would think that they would compared to the mighty ARX-03a of Muscle Milk. Also, how are the isobutanol fuel regulations? Fair?