View Single Post
Old 25 Mar 2007, 21:50 (Ref:1876230)   #20
Chris Townsend
Veteran

United Kingdom
London
Chris Townsend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ken

Welcome to the forum. I have to say that our histories of Lola T240s and T242s have a great many blank spots.
Given that neither car has a chassis plate we have to fall back on other forms of identification.
First question: Is the spare chassis part of another, separate car, or do you think it was the original chassis from the car, subsequently replaced by a newer one?
Second question: Do you have the original bodywork from when you bought the cars? If so, what is the original gelcoat colour and what the succession of paint coats over it?
Third question: Are there any scrutineer's labels or similar things attached to either tub or body?
I guess, being Northern Illinois in origin, that the car/s was raced in CenDiv SCCA during the seventies and early eighties. Is there an SCCA code stamped anywhere on the roll hoops? Should be two digit number then a separate two or three digit code.

If you have pics please can you email me on chris[at]oldracingcars[dot]com with scans. I have a number of pictures of Cen Div SCCA T240s, and yours may be a match!

Good to hear from you
Chris

Last edited by John Turner; 8 Apr 2007 at 09:04. Reason: Change requested