View Single Post
Old 28 Jul 2012, 00:36 (Ref:3112402)   #127
Good old boy
Rookie

Good old boy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystery View Post
I didn't say AQH has done a bad job. He's done almost perfectly and you can only beat the field you're presented with.

However, he WAS beaten by Pizzonia twice. Pizzonia is a strong driver but he's never been world class - better than the vast majority for sure but he isn't one of the best.

You compare with Webber but of course Justin Wilson beat Mark in F3000, and then who else beat Justin. And so on.

Justin is a great international series racer and I believe both AQH could be and Pizzonia has been. None of them could make the step up though and I believe Pizzonia waltzing in and winning makes that abundantly clear.

Good racers. Not great ones. The question what does Adrian do in 2013 is valid. AutoGP is atfeeder to nowhere. He'll need to hope for a GP2 or FR3.5 ride and make a splash there. Then he'll have time to shine.
See there you go again partially writing off a brilliant talent before he has had a chance to prove himselft stating about Pizzonia waltzin in and winning both races.

Pizzonia was P3 in First Practice
He was P3 in Second Practice
He was 3rd in Qualifying
And then got luckcy when Quaife Hobbs made a poor start in the first race and then had a wheel problem in the pit stop where the pit crew had to hold him for 24 seconds or more which gave Pizonia a free pass at a win.

Race two quaife hobbs had around a 36 second lead when they called him in to the pits with 4 laps to go and had ha not made the silly mistake on his in lap he would have won the second race by some 8-10 seconds.
And this is what i mean about knowledge because you are making it sound as if all the Auto GP drivers are not quick enough and some of them clearly were.
Pizzonia was talented good enough to stay in F1 for many years but his head was to fragile to cope with modern F1 demads so any drivers that are up there with him deserve some proper credit for there accievments as the one thing Pizzonia has always been is fast.