View Single Post
Old 9 Dec 2005, 11:29 (Ref:1480355)   #8
graham bahr
Veteran

England
cambs
graham bahr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgraham bahr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
to be honest i've never found the need to remap in the paddock, thats what the dyno's for!

the emerald that i run has all the various temp corrections built in along with boost control and all manor of other stuff, including data logging, so you could race and check out exactly what was happening later on in the paddock and change as appropriate, the latest versions also offer multiple map switching.

to be honest i think processor speed it a bt of a red herring, afteral we are talking about modified production engines using say 8,000 rpm, not purpose build 20,000 race engines.

re flyby wire and air bleed, i suspect that the throttles would need to be a long way open to prevent engine braking, an air bleed could be done using a idle control valve which again teh emerald and i suspect most of the aftermarket ecu's can handle.

does make me wonder though, if jason needs to close the throttles slowly, what happens if he has to brake?

its not speed thats dangerous, just the sudden lack of it!