MRFracing
Rookie

India
MRFracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Race 2 results

Press Release

For Immediate Publication

King wins Delhi Championship with MRF

Jordan King, of Great Britain,17 years of age, drove a spectacular race and emerged the victor in the second and final race of The Delhi Championship with MRF here today. Starting the race from the second grid, Jordan gained the lead in the very first lap, lost it briefly to 22 year old, Kourosh Khani of Iran before claiming it back in style to finish a deserving winner. It was a gripping race that saw plenty of action on the track. Nick Percat, winner of the first leg of the championship spun out in the very first lap itself. Kourosh drove brilliantly to briefly take the lead and then lost out to both the winner and Alice on positions, coming an eventual third.
In all this, 18 year old, Alice Powell of Great Britain, drove a composed and technically correct race eventually completing second. Driving with verve she seized the first opportunity that came her way, squeezing past Kourosh to occupy second position which she held on till the end.

Jordan King said, “Yesterday I had mentioned that given a free track, I will dominate the race since I knew I had plenty of speed. Yesterday too, I was faster than Nick. Today starting on grid I was sure of doing well. I lost the lead due to a slight error on my part, but I knew I could make it up and immediately took over the lead once again. Once in the lead, my aim was to create a good gap behind me and once I achieved that I knew victory was mine.”

Alice Powell said, “I feel really good. An intense level of competition was seen over the last two days and for me to do well consistently, gives me great confidence. The car was good and responded beautifully. I knew that if I didn’t commit any mistakes, I would hold on to my position and that’s what I did. Its been a great weekend.”

Kourosh Khani said, “Feels great to come in third and to have briefly led the field. I am driving this car for the first time and as such it was more demanding. An error on my part saw me lose the lead, but I was aggressive enough to hold on and put great laps. Feels very good.”

Results:
1. Jordan King Team SIDVIN :21:13.448
2. Alice Powell Team SIDVIN :21:15.372
3. Kourosh Khani James Crofts Racing :21:21:518
4. M Makela Mtec Finland :21:33.011
5. Z Jaffer Active PR :21:33.282
6. G Gill M&N Racing :21:33.356
7. A Sundar Team Gulf Oil :21:40.455
8. J Honkavuori Team Gulf Oil :21:41.045
9. H Fuller HKF Racing :21:41.440
10. J Thorp King of Shaves :21:46.680
11. V Anand VA/RVR/Woodpecker :21:49.684