Thread: NZV8's 2011/12
View Single Post
Old 15 May 2012, 09:21 (Ref:3074720)   #1317
BackSeat Driver
Racer

BackSeat Driver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsfan View Post
Hi all,dot is rumored that TMC have withheld the last payment to TV3 for the Taupo round due to comments made about the NZV8 class by the TV3 presenters at the V8 Supercars at Hamilton.

I have replayed the commentary and can someone explain what the presenters said wrong. From what I heard they were reminiscing about all of the fond memories they had while racing in the class etc.

Also it has been brought to my attention that the coverage from the ITM 400 was at no cost to any of the competitors. If this is the case then I am confused as:

The Taupo round of the summer series was mid March.
The Hamilton V8 Super car round was mid April, serveral weeks later.
The humoured outstanding monies to TV3 are reported to be between $50,000 - $100,000.
TV3 have not been paid due to comments made several weeks after the final round.
The round where these supposed comments were made was in fact a free TV presentation for all of the supporting classes.

If there is any truth to the above then who the F""k is responsible. We talk about us competitors bringing the sport into disrepute, then who ever is responsible needs to be removed from any position of authority.
Bad decisions are made every day but once the press get a wind of this they will have a field day with it. The last thing we need is another cheap shot at our sport due to a grudge or negligence of one or a couple of people.

As you can see this is quite possible the straw that has broken this camels back and I am pis""d off. Does anybody know who would of made this decision and do they have a back bone and come on this site and put the facts right.
This thread is about NZV8 season but more to do with the cars. I suggest (since you are soooo new) that you re-direct this question in the MSNZ-wheels-falling-off thread for a better/more-likely answer

Welcome to the forum