View Single Post
Old 12 Feb 2010, 20:16 (Ref:2632357)   #42
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Just quickly returning to KA's '84 results. Vince Woodman missed the opening round after a hefty shunt in practice at Redgate which resulted in a unrepairable shell and broken ribs for poor Vince.

He also subsequently missed the second round at Silverstone whilst he recovered and IIRC another shell was sourced.

Vince returned at Oulton and drove a very good race considering he was still in a lot of pain (this round less than 4 weeks after the Donington crash.) I don't know iff he drove a 'new' car or the ex Eggenberger car that CC had acquired for testing pre season?

I've also got a question about the '84/84 TWR/Shawcross protests. Could the 3 '84 Vitesses have been exactly the same 3 as used in 1983..... One of the Sanyo cars almost certainly was. Chassis 004 was believed to be Jeff Allam's in '83, Tony Pond or Peter Lovett's in '84 (then onto Bathurst and latterly in Dave Carvell's hands in 1987).

So was the other Sanyo car also an '83 car and was Sopers Fleet car actually the Hepolite car?

Last edited by chunterer; 21 Mar 2010 at 22:44.