Thread: 2014 British GT
View Single Post
Old 12 Mar 2014, 18:34 (Ref:3377900)   #58
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post
In addition to JRM, I can confirm that Rodger Davies Racing will also be running a car in British GT this year, provided we can get a bronze driver to purchase the car, trailers and pay for mechanics, spares and our bar bills for the year.
I'm sure we'd all chip in if it was something new to the series- the Reiter Camaro would look good in Welsh flag colours....and if you're looking for volunteers to help keep those bar bills up...

As you suggest, there's a bit of a gap between the 'JRM launching a factory-supported assault on the championship aimed at lifting the title' bit at the top of the article, and the bit where it turns out they're looking to sell a rentadrive for the season, and the car's actually going to be run by a customer team, not JRM themselves....

Looking at it more charitably, let's hope that maybe they've already signed a 'Pro' with a sponsor bringing a part-budget, and are looking for an 'Am' to fill the other seat and top the budget up...

Whether they've got a deal part-done for the season, or are just kite-flying in the hope of selling a drive, I hope they find a decently quick and well-funded bronze-grader to take the deal up- I like the Nissan and it would be good to see one in BGT again.