View Single Post
Old 3 May 2007, 08:09 (Ref:1905599)   #12
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Thanks James; a shame there are no pics! And yes, RR report was great, but I was looking for your comments as a competitor which you have now provided!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Sowman
I did - and if you read the Autosport and MN reports you will know what I thought of it! I sincerely hope that it is the poorest meeting that I attend this season.

Two main negatives were really very poor entry levels - where have all the Astons gone? - and a distinct lack of close racing in the vast majority of the events. A real shame, as I have been to some cracking AMOC race meetings in the past.
Ian, I certainly did read your A/S report although had already grasped from KRT, that you were disenchanted with the event? Great shame about the low turn out of cars, especially of Astons, at your 'home' circuit. Let's hope that they pick up during the season as RR has expressed. I wonder what paying spectators thought of all this.