View Single Post
Old 10 Jun 2012, 22:35 (Ref:3088726)   #2257
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!

I think the Sky commentary team are OK. Croft is more uptight on Sky and does say a few minor dumb things but nothing stand out. Brundle is his usual efficient self but I've never warmed to the man; his commentary is more like that of an 'an instructor' as befits the expert. Serious, efficient stuff but I've never been able to make 'friends' with his commentary.

Edwards, I've listened to him for some years before Brundle. I associate him in my mind with other commentators I grew up with such as Walker and sometime Indycar commentator Paul Page. That's one of the reasons why I pluck with the BBC when they are live, personal reasons. Although I've never met the man I feel like I know him from his days of doing voiceovers for highlights on Speedworld.

Alot of the resentment and it's legitimate resentment is down to the fact that they are holding people who want to watch the race live hostage. It's not that Sky are offering a substantially superior product that you'd pay for. O.K the Legends programs are excellent but I saw plenty of stuff that was pure fluff on ther too. I'm an F1 fan not a Hello reader. I'm not interested in the Torro Rosso duo inside what looked like a giant hamster wheel with some flashy circus. Less of that silly lifestyle garbage. In fairness, they followed that up with Webber at the TT and a quiet interview with Alonso but I'm not interested in feel good promotional segments that masquerade as insight.

To those who aren't hostages to live broadcasting I couldn't recommend Sky. Even in its diminished form the BBC have a much more fluent approach.