View Single Post
Old 24 Nov 2013, 22:37 (Ref:3336221)   #42
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
It's not that I think there will necessarily be more problems, but I consider the Brands Hatch GP Circuit to be the better track for the higher-powered cars.

I took a look at some amateur video shot back in May of British GT at Rockingham. The first lap was a bit ridiculous with 32 or 33 cars all trying to thread their way through the infield. They were using the long Motorcycle Circuit, but with the banking instead of the Turn 1 chicane. That layout comes out to 2.050 miles around.

There is a critical distinction to be made between British GT and FIA GT though, besides the relative level of the series. That difference is, FIA GT is all GT3 cars, whereas British GT has multiple classes of cars running at once. The inter-class traffic creates passing opportunities that simply would not exist in a single-class setting.

Again, I just find Brands Hatch to be a much more exciting prospect to have on the FIA GT calendar when compared to Rockingham.