View Single Post
Old 11 Mar 2012, 09:59 (Ref:3038225)   #17
formerf1champ
Veteran

Australia
Vettel's gearbox preparing bench
formerf1champ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So, having gone only yesterday, I'll express some thoughts...

- Early 80s Indycars? First time I'd seen any live, those cars have "presence". Even the John Pooley Lola, which was in the last 1/3 of the field, was more intimidating in appearance than the Ferrari, or any F1 car for that matter. When I had a close up peek of them in the garages, you can see and feel what a fricken beast it is! Like being up close to a sleeping adult male lion in the jungles of Africa. I've seen lots footage of them but, I can't even imagine what 33 of those things running around Indy would be like.

- A Ford Sierra, no.83, with "Damon Hill" written on the window? Obviously my fellow f1champ wasn't driving, but I was not aware that he competed in Group A at any stage. If someone can explain the history, please do.

- From a distance, the ex-Bob Jones VL Commodore is an awesome looking car.

- If you see them often enough, can you ever get used to F5000s?

- I could've easily spent $500+ on books, pictures and other things. I didn't, but it was hard resisting, didn't know where to start.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bortall View Post
A crash in the Formula Ford & several red flags for roll overs in other catagories.

Been a busy day so far for the rescue & medical teams.
I was at Sandown last year, a big first corner crash, loss of laps due to a delayed start and other incident meant there was only one legitimate racing lap. Was it like that?