Thread: Brands Hatch
View Single Post
Old 16 Mar 2002, 19:15 (Ref:236632)   #11
jase
Veteran

jase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Stephen Green
....There was a severe lack of fire marshals to give adequate cover and you regularly find team members smoking in the pitlane while there are refuellling rigs about. I vowed never to do it again. Blow me if two years ago I didn't get pit wall 2 for the GP at Silverstone. I seem to remember asking Mr Briatore to put out cigarettes on many occasion, not to mention the number of people who smoke during the pitlane walkabout!
Steven, on the continent the teams are allowed to smoke wherever they like, wall/lane/garage. And trying to stop Briatore smoking, try hitting your head against a wall, more effective, I can't think of anyone who has managed to stop him!!

As for pit road walkabouts, we try at all meetings to stop people smoking, especially when fuel rigs are around. We are aware that what with watching for smokers and checking to ensure kids aren't being crushed at the front of a queue rather than smokers, but we can't get them all, any you find is a bonus, but you are on a hiding for nothing trying to stop all of them.

J