View Single Post
Old 16 Apr 2014, 15:01 (Ref:3393349)   #4053
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobster View Post
Funny that a few years back dutch driver Jaap van Laagen was given a waiver on the mandatory 10 laps at testing for the race, yet a driver liake Webber, who was a world championship contender must do the rookie test in a simulator, times have changed!
Webber is a driver like every other driver is.
He hasn't participated on La Sarthe since 1999, and a lot have changed since, so therefor there should be given so special treatment to him.

And honestly, I'm a bit tired of this over-promotion of Webber. He's mentioned before previous Le Mans winners and world champions.
It is a sad attempt to lure F1 fans into the Sportscar world, with the result of disrespecting the elite sportscar drivers, even though they have won "bigger titles" than Webber.
It is getting to the point where I hope that the Sportscar drivers will out perform him so comfortably that no one can question the quality of these drivers, and they get the appraising they deserve.

Sorry for this "hick-up", but I felt it needed to be said.