View Single Post
Old 23 May 2012, 19:07 (Ref:3078436)   #2166
henners88
Veteran

Wales
henners88 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketcar View Post
totally agree the pre and post race stuff by sky is akward at best stumbling between links and not really going into the depth they promised. as both channels are live this weekend it will be a case of switching between them as both have their strengths and weaknesses. personally i would take crofty anyday over edwards, but bbc pre and post stuff anyday.
I personally don't bother channel hopping as I like fluidity to the coverage when I'm watching. I'm in the situation where I prefer the race commentary on the BBC so changing channels during the race would be pointless. Brundle is the familar voice on Sky and I know many fans feel comfortable with that, but I don't think the BBC are any worse off with Edwards and DC. They've gelled well and I find they are alot more considerate instead of interrupting each other and provide a very informed analysis when needed. Crofty is a good gap filler but has always made far too many mistakes for my liking. It always annoys me when I can tell a driver straight away by his helmet design, yet commentators like Croft get it wrong and have to be corrected moments later. Its the guys job and I expect him to be as knowledgable as your average fan with such details to name just one example.