View Single Post
Old 30 Apr 2007, 12:05 (Ref:1903337)   #67
ISPL
Rookie

United Kingdom
ISPL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What a fantastic weekends racing.

I rather optimistically asked for a quadruple from Kerr & Team GBR (Pole, Sprint, Feature & Fastest Lap) but will settle for 3 out of 4!

Am I right in thinking that Kerr's fastest lap is a course record?

Newzealand's lack of pace in the qualifying & sprint race certainly added tension that I didn't expect. It looked for a while like NZL might lose 2nd place to GBR until 3 or 4 cars dropped off the track and Halliday put in some great laps.

As with last year the atmosphere and home support at Brands was brilliant. Lots of flags and cheering. Not so sure about the White Helmet motorcycle display team though.

I thought that the catering and spectator facilities were superb. A big imrovement on last year. Brands puts Silverstone to shame. Prices were a bit higher than you might expect to pay on the high street, but not totally over the top and a good range of food & drink stations. The viewing was excellent.

As we expected Kerr knows how to entertain a crowd. Not only with his driving style and dogged determination but also the lap of doughnuts at the end. If my voice was croaky after the sprint race it had completely failed by the end of lap 1 in the feature. It was nice to see all the drivers enjoying themselves and it transmitted to the crowd.

Even Jarvis was being as supportive as he knows how. Even though he must have been gutted not to be in the race seat, he still got involved with promotional stuff for the team.

All in all Brands was a fitiing curtain call to another excellent season in A1.

Hopefully GBR can build on their success next year.