View Single Post
Old 15 Aug 2011, 09:35 (Ref:2939837)   #3
deadsquirrel
Veteran

United Kingdom
Deepest Warwickshire
deadsquirrel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddeadsquirrel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Green View Post
I don't think there were any Lotus drivers that hadn't raced before? Many drivers rarely go off track and so when it does happen it is somewhat alien to them and therefore they are out of their normal comfort zone which is why we need to be gentle and reassuring with them. I always try to explain to drivers why we do certain things and the implications for them and their car were we to do it differently, most are appreciative of what we do and will stand and chat. A great deal of drivers have never been on a marshals post until then and do learn from their time with us.

I think that most drivers will try to get their car back to the paddock under their own steam as it gives them greater time to work on the car for those days when they might have more than one race.
Stephen - I was not having a go at the Lotus drivers, our visitor was friendly and happy to take our advice.

What I am suggesting is that drivers spending 30 minutes in their tuition period would be equipped with the information BEFORE they need it. So it's balancing 30 minutes with ALL drivers before they start, as opposed to educating them one at a time as they fall off - but each one falling off may delay the meeing.