View Single Post
Old 15 Aug 2011, 13:01 (Ref:2939953)   #20
brickkicker
Veteran

brickkicker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrible-Tones View Post
Yes indeed - and I have seen a series run where a good 60% of the drivers needed to go - and just didn't. Yet nothing was done....

I have also seen it where the briefing starts only 10 mins before Q start time.....
For new drivers its a major attack on the senses, when I started racing I was fortunate to know what was going on. But you have normally a 20 min window to sign on get to scrutineering (and pass) then get ready for the quali. Throw in the fact they normally have the first driver briefing (you can get to) at 8:30 when your meant to be in the assy area at 8:40 you can hardly expect them to know what to do when it all goes wrong. They are still trying to figure out which way is up...
I tend to agree with the previous post about marshals taking control of each situation. No matter who the driver is the adrenalin is still pumping and if you have been taken off your not going to be in the best mood anyway.
But as has alread been said, the instructions are all in the finals or BB so there is no excuse for not knowing what is going on appart from being to lazy to find out.