View Single Post
Old 2 Jun 2005, 16:19 (Ref:1318217)   #17
Oaksnaf
Veteran

Australia
Oaksnaf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen
If Bridgestone can find their missing one lap speed this discussion will be seen in a very different light - there is not much wrong with their race tyre.

If Bridgestone were to fund Williams' tyre testing activities, as they do Ferrari's, this would also be quite sensible.

I have to say it worries me though - I think Ferrari compete because of the very high quality of their car and team - I am pretty sure that Williams couldn't hope to be as good as them, though it pains me to say it.
Well we will see at Canada. Because Ferrari haven't exactly come out and qualified at the best time in basically all of the grandprix. And Michael was able to put it on the front row at bahrain so there is pace there to be unlocked, just a question of 'when'.

But as far as the Williams-Honda thing goes. Doubt it. Honda have enough trouble supplying one team who they are tightly connected with. What gains do they have to go and spend more $$ and re-design to an all new concept of V8 engines and put them on a Williams. I do not see the bonuses of this move. The costs outweigh the benefits, and their marketing scheme would be messed up from that point onwards.

And this also relies on BMW dropping out and therefore buying Sauber, or just dissapearing into oblivion.