View Single Post
Old 14 Apr 2013, 09:01 (Ref:3233807)   #2
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Terrible ‘race’.

No actual battles until the final 6-7 laps.

Teams are now in a situation where there’s no point racing until the final laps, as it just does damage to their race.

I can’t remember the last time I saw so many non-battles. Drivers are no longer making any attempt to defend a position.

I have to do a complete u-turn on my philosophy. I gave the tyres a chance, and i’m all for aggressive strategies, but it’s officially killed the idea of an on-track battle.

Let’s please be sensible with DRS, too. Why stick it on a 1km long straight?! Zero common sense being applied. Let’s create another overtaking spot, surely.

I say we go back to last year’s tyres and be super aggressive with the compound choice (ie. using softs/super softs for 90% of the remaining races), and let’s be sensible about DRS placement.

I honestly could have done without 48 of those laps today, and that’s really sad.

(I voted a 3)

Selby