View Single Post
Old 31 Oct 2006, 12:11 (Ref:1754344)   #19
Gridlock
Racer

England
Buckinghamshire
Gridlock should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGridlock should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE]SS-Collins Bernie made international motorsport what it is today, it means that we can watch every race on TV, and that's made a lot of people in the sport wealthy.[/QUOTE)
From your statements and profile you may be in PR with motor sport and therefore rely on people like Bernie to pay your salary and there is nothing wrong in that. However, I do think you should check the History of motor sport before you make statements like "Bernie made international motorsport what it is today" If anything that statement is an insult to the hundreds of people in clubs and volunteers who are the real heros of motor sport and without them, their would be no F1 drivers or cars. Yes Bernie and the TV companies have made F1 (Not Motor Sport) what it is today. "I big International circus with money as the driving force" with publicity to sell magazines. However "real motor sport" that has existed in the UK for many years of my life and before Bernie does not get true recognition from any area of the media. If you want to confirm this just look at the comments on the "Birkett Relay Thread". Organisers, drivers, Officials and spectators.
I have nothing against Bernie but please dont confuse him with real motor sport?