View Single Post
Old 28 May 2012, 19:57 (Ref:3080765)   #1402
Southern Man
Veteran

New Zealand
Southern Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Boy View Post
Ass-kisser! SM is one of them and you know it...
Sorry old son but once again you are wrong. I just happen to be a member of a car club, a car club that has worked damn hard to provide a motor race facility in the South Island.

Even though I now qualify as an old age pensioner I like to think that I am still compettive be it as as a driver, co-driver, engineer and/or team manager and I can still get the odd blood rush to the head and sound off just like I used to many years ago. Hopefully if I ever grow up I will get over that but currently I am having too much fun in the sport for that to happen.

Being a competitor who has enjoyed the efforts others have made to provide facilities and services that have allowed me the absolute enjoyment to express myself in a car I do realise that it has now become my turn to assist others to obtain the same hence my involvement as a volunteer official in the sport. Sure it happens to be a senior role but I guess that just happens if you have the experience and knowledge that the role/s require be it at a club hillclimb or an international race meeting.

I do find it an interesting study in human behaviour that as soon as anyone on here uses factual knowledge to make their point that they are accused of being in cohorts with the enemy, maybe it is part of the mob behaviour that Jimmy Richards summed up so well at Bathurst a few years ago.

I do find it so sad that the glass of life of so many today is half empty rather than half full.