View Single Post
Old 18 Apr 2012, 20:58 (Ref:3061699)   #42
EastonNeston
Veteran

EastonNeston should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We cannot forget what we have learned about safety, construction, data analysis and aerodynamics. some people here have to accept professional single seater racing will never go back to the days of one man and a trailer. Have you been to a kart meeting recently? even at 'club' level there are big awnings and transporters, with the teams using full data logging systems. I can think of very few recent examples, in any of the sports I follow, where someone has gone on to reach the top level of the sport by not following the 'accepted route' through the levels of the sport. In both Rugby & Cricket most of the people playing at the county championship or aviva Premiership level have come through the clubs development program from a young age, not from the recreational levels of the game.

Every sport is making use of better coaching, preparation and performance analysis tools to raise performance, with sports teams having a support team of assistant coaches, performance analysts and medical staff.

I very much doubt if either TOCA or SRO have the desire or ability to properly promote single seater racing in the UK. TOCA exist for one purpose, to promote the BTCC, nothing else, they have no interest in any other series, and would actively work against any series that would be more attractive. also the crowd at BTCC meetings is very different in demographics and interest to the audience for F3.

As for SRO, I'd think their relationship with F3 and FRUK teams has been damaged irretrievably. Again, they have shown no genuine interest in making the single seater series they are, supposed to be, promoting attractive for either the teams or the public.

Finally, any company or individual, unless they are the very rare pure philanthropic person, only invests money in the sport because there perceived a marketing benefit. Over time the effectiveness of a sponsorship for a brand declines to a point where the return on investment is zero.

Last edited by EastonNeston; 18 Apr 2012 at 21:15. Reason: Additional thought