Thread: IMSA Race TUSC Round 4: Laguna Seca
View Single Post
Old 23 Apr 2014, 02:36 (Ref:3397028)   #9
rwintle
Veteran

Canada
Maple (yes really), Canada
rwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridrwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salamus View Post
I'm a university student so I don't have a TV at my place. My parents' house has cable but in order to get Fox Sports 1, they would have to pay something like $30/month to get the sports package.

I haven't used the IMSA.com stream in a while but if I remember correctly, the commercials are just as often as the live stream. I usually use another live internet feed that doesn't cut away from the race but instead goes mute during the ad breaks. Watching racing on mute is really boring and annoying but it's the best option unfortunately.

If 40% of these races is going to be commercials, then I won't bother. I gave up half way through Long Beach.
I do have a rather hefty cable package but there is no coverage since Rogers dropped SPEED. So I won't be watching either. Unlikely to be able to watch either race live, and there's no TV so no PVR option. I could wait for the archived race on YouTube or wherever IMSA will put it... but by then, what will be the point?

I've yet to watch much of a TUSCC race this year. Apparently I'm not missing a whole lot. Which is a shame because I was a rabid ALMS watcher and even watched some Grand Am races.

I will be at Mosport to watch the show live, but that's apparently about all I'll be able to do this year. Fail. On my part, I guess. I'm sure someone will jump in and tell me how if I were a *real* fan I'd be bending over backward to watch the stream, or come up with some way of recording the stream, or backdooring into some other TV channel, or something. But life is too short for that nonsense. Put the races on TV, I will watch (or PVR and watch). Make life difficult with streaming and archives that show up "after a while"... forget it.

/rant