View Single Post
Old 28 May 2011, 16:59 (Ref:2887182)   #16
Louis Agilais
Racer

Louis Agilais is a back marker
Went to read it, and got a lot more enlighted about the subject. It was kind of what I was hoping for, thank you, racerkeke. (and I also expected this not to be exclusive of F1, of course).

after reading it made me think that, maybe, yes, it is an issue, despite people being pumped up and with adrenaline and all the other excuses; we are all accountable by our actions; nobody likes to be manhandled but if a citizen responds like that to a police officer manhandling him, he'll probably regret it (because of the consequences) and calm down and think better next time.

it always seemed a bit unfair never hearing about penalties or investigations regarding this kind of behaviour (and a bit disappointed with Race Director Charlie Whiting, Race Control and the Stewards for not taking care of their own).

enjoyed particularly the advices they gave on how to handle abusive drivers:

Quote:
I have a technique that seems to work.

For a long while I have carried a couple of extra small bottles of water for when pink headed drivers come to a halt at the post.

Amazing how many I manage to give away and how much appreciated. Does much to calm the nerves.