View Single Post
Old 14 Apr 2008, 02:37 (Ref:2176795)   #14
Muznik
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast
Muznik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMuznik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Newstalker, talk about overeaction !
So your point is you want tobacco & alcohol to be illegal ?

Firstly in QLD Joh set it so that Lottery $$$ went back into Health & Education. Im not positive it all goes that way but am pretty sure a % still does.

With regards to the smoking question I'll answer it cause you asked- Yes you picked pretty much the one time I do object to someone smoking in close proximity (whilst eating) I had no problems having a few beers in a pub with smokers. (My wife smokes btw)

But I fail to see the relevance of the question as using your illogical reasoning, cars are legal but funnily enough I'd have a huge problem if some hoon came screeching thru the restaurant whilst I was trying to eat too

We were talking sponsorship. Both alcohol & smoking are legal products with fairly heavy restrictions on their use & sale. Whilst they are legal i cannot see why they should not be allowed to sponsor a sporting activity and give something back to the community. I am not, as you implied, suggesting an open slather on their abuse.

On the other side of the coin, how many sports or other activities have you seen sponsored by Heroin, Ice or Ecstacy ? Just because they dont promote it doesnt stop people from using it.

As my initial post suggested just because Tooheys/ Winfield sponsor a sport I watch doesnt mean I will automatically use the product. Dont treat people like sheep.