View Single Post
Old 22 Sep 2023, 16:57 (Ref:4177831)   #43
SSmith
Veteran

SSmith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
https://www.touringcartimes.com/2023...t-silverstone/

Sutton currently 42 points ahead of Ingram. He needs to be 67 points clear by the end of the weekend to take the title before Brands. Sutton's number of wins means he would take the title should he an Ingram be tied on points.

Hill is currently 62 points behind so Sutton only needs to outscore Hill by 5 points this weekend to knock Hill out of the running.

Turkington is currently 99 points behind. Mathematically he could still take the title but he would need to be on the podium every race at Silverstone and Brands, with Sutton not scoring.
I can't see Sutton winning the title here at Silverstone, but I can see both BMWs out of contention by the end of Sunday.

I reckon Turkington will be officially out of contention after Silverstone Race 2. Hill may stay in contention until Brands GP Race 1 but only if Sutton suffers bad luck at Silverstone.

Given Ingram's strong record at Silverstone I think he'll close the gap slightly, but probably only down to about 36-38 points. I can then see the title getting wrapped up by Sutton in race one or two at Brands GP.

One title is almost guaranteed to be won on Sunday - Cook winning the Independents (currently leading by 92 points with 120 up for grabs)