View Single Post
Old 14 Mar 2012, 08:10 (Ref:3040787)   #1685
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
Just looked at the BBC schedule for Sunday and it says that from 2-4pm there will be Formula 1 'highlights'. I do feel bad for people watching it on that and like that.

I'm not being funny and I know it's not my place to delve into your financial situation which is private and personal, but can you not afford £30 a month? I know I have all sorts of things having to leave my account I don't enjoy which add up to far more (council tax, etc) and I wonder whether you'd notice the £30 as much as you suggest. As I say, I didn't like the enforced move to paying for F1, but I've cast aside principles for personal practicality; I'd rather see it properly than not see it.
Well believe it or not some people can struggle to afford non-essentials.

I know the past year and a half for me, whilst supporting me and my partner as she studied at uni, I lived on an absolute knife edge of funds. It was a case of paying for fancy services and never leave the house or use the money to do something with our days off. So £30 was certainly beyond me and it must surely be the same for others, you do realise times are pretty hard with hundreds of thousands scrapping over vacancies their numbers dwarf? Just being in work these days is a luxury.

So yeah, if people are pretty ****ed off about it then there is reason. It's a luxury many can't afford. And that's before we talk about people who can't get Sky even if they can afford it!

Another thing to add, for many people here it is now a choice of go to the British GP or pay to watch every other race and not go to it. A GP is a great experience, you have to go once, but pay through the nose for that AND for the TV experience. Again, gonna be some people who struggle.

But yeah henners, stop paying for food or something mate. F1 is that important.

Last edited by Knowlesy; 14 Mar 2012 at 08:19.