View Single Post
Old 14 Mar 2012, 09:27 (Ref:3040823)   #1688
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by henners88 View Post
Put it this way, its very rare I don't go into my overdraft each month so adding 30 quid to it would be less than sensible. Is it really out of your grasp to understand that 30 quid is not a small amount of money for everyone?
It's not out of my grasp and I've had my minimum wage days, so I do understand. But you mentioned having a few beers with friends on Sunday. If you didn't buy the beers, you would be some way towards the F1 subscription. Anyway, it's not my place to tell you what to spend your money on. I sometimes find means and ways to save money where I might not have thought of it before, so it can be done. I think you are resentful of having to do it for Sky, which I more than understand.

My own resentment has been temporarily tempered by the excitement over the start of the new season. Clever people, those at Sky!

Knowlesy, take a look at my comments earlier in the thread if you wish. I am resentful of the situation and you'll see I've made a U-turn (or changed my mind) based on the fact BT was costing me the same but without the telly. I'll still have to pay off BT £100 (a fine) for the seven months remaining on my contract (roughly the length of the F1 season). I think there is a thin line between unable and unwilling in some cases and that is not a criticism in any way. Someone mentioned family and not being willing to pay for that in lieu of doing things with their family I can utterly understand. There is an element of compromise in life required now to get F1 and some aren't up for that, which I get.

Last edited by Born Racer; 14 Mar 2012 at 09:37. Reason: Wanted to add that final paragraph as a footnote.