View Single Post
Old 27 Aug 2009, 16:12 (Ref:2529352)   #6
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I love the Tremblant circuit - it put on one of the most amazing Champ Car races I've ever attended/photographed. The standards of the circuit have been upgrade remarkably in the last few years - the track itself is on par with any of the European circuits in terms of safety and and it would be great for F1 testing.

However, there is no way it would be up to F1's expecations to host a Grand Prix - it's just not big enough. There were about 30,000 people there for the 2007 Champ Car race, and the place was jam packed - and everything was *very* well logistically, they even had a temporary media centre that would put the Canadian GP's media centre to shame. If F1 is ok with 30,000 people (which is a lot more than Turkey had I understand), then Tremblant would do fine. Don't expect a lot of overtaking though... unless it rains, which it does often(think mini-Spa).

However, if they want 110,000 people it will have to be at the Circuit Gilles Villeneuve or some other temporary street circuit in Montreal or Toronto.
"I used to hate writing, but now I enjoy it. I realized that the purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!" - Calvin and Hobbes