View Single Post
Old 12 Jan 2012, 13:29 (Ref:3010688)   #115
USRallycross
Racer

United States
Minnesota (the True North)
USRallycross should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A few things to catch up on.

- Jernberg sold his car to Hedstrom I thought and I think he has retired from racing and is focusing on building. Sure Guru can correct me if I am wrong

- Binks' plans won't be announced at the Autosport Show

- Americans don't really know much about rallycross.....yet! At X Games over 4 million people watched it on TV and with Pastrana coming back you bring a massive fan base. Same with Block.

- The announcement coming from GRC shortly will answers your questions re bums on seats, media coverage and so on

- Yes, America could blow it. But I have stated before there a lot of favorable winds behind this. ESPN is committed to production and prime time slots; manufacturers are committed because it introduces compact cars as cool; sponsors like it because it reaches a new audience which is hard to market to; teams like it because they get paid; and of course it is all part of a bigger show

Rally America is also going to runa four-round Clubman focused rallycross championship at New Jersey Motorsport Park. This is going to compliment GRC perfectly and will allow regular people (like me) to compete without having to buy expensive cars and there won't be any jumps. I liked the course at NJMP so hope this is a success.

Mark