View Single Post
Old 12 Jan 2012, 18:36 (Ref:3010824)   #120
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyS View Post
The GRC is slightly different and not sidelining Europe directly, but I'd really for once like to see people working together rather than against one another. I'm not suggesting the GRC is working against people but there is a danger the GRC and ERC will start fighting one another.
Exactly. Although there are only a handful of drivers who could probably do it, just basic communication between the two Championships would ensure major race weekends don't clash which, in my opinion, would be a good start. Instead the clash of meetings means that drivers are being forced to choose between one Championship or the other.

Quote:
Maybe we'll see everybody working together and we'll have drivers from North America doing a more appropriatley named American Series plus the GRC/X Games and European drivers doing ERC plus the GRC/X Games. Time will tell and I shall try and remain optimistic.
That, to me, would be the perfect outcome, where those drivers who can afford to pick and choose can dabble in both championships without sacrificing a serious campaign in another one. If the Global Rallycross does become a "World" rallycross series, then perhaps the Rally America run events can form the basis of a national American championship, so there will be feeder series from both continents.

Quote:
From a purely selfish point of view ESPN is too niche in the UK, any chance of some highlights? Motors TV maybe?
Yeah, this. If the GRC wants the support of the rallycross fans in Europe then give us access to some decent highlight programmes, not You Tube snippets (which I admit are great for publicity, but not if you want to sit down and enjoy a race) or forcing us to trawl the internet to find coverage.

I'll be interested to see what the media plans are for the GRC though. The ERC (I don't think) is helping itself when it has no official website as such and seemingly very little promotion.