Thread: 2014 British GT
View Single Post
Old 3 Dec 2013, 13:50 (Ref:3339728)   #5
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post
Great to see the Evora back, one of the prettiest GT4 cars for sure, and that class needs a little added variety too
I am a big fan of GT4 and I am continually surprised that it hasn't taken off in its own right in the UK as a good "value for money" series (its all relative!). There are cars out there, particularly in Europe where M3s, Porsche 911 and even Corvette and Camaro etc have representatives racing. One Dutch outfit have built a kit that up-specs a 911 Cup/ SuperCup GT3 to be a GT4 car and that must be a good way to go, given the amount of 911 knowledge and support there is around. It doesn't have to be a Ginetta! Mind you, given that there are at least 4 x second hand Ginetta G50 GT4s available for sale at the moment for £28-35K each then I guess its not surprising that people do choose that car in the UK.

In 2014 the AMOC GT4 cars are going to run at 4 events as a support race; if the GT3 class is as popular as it was in 2013 then maybe at these 4 events they should run the British GT4 class together with the AMOC series to give a stand alone GT4 race.