View Single Post
Old 26 Jul 2003, 00:36 (Ref:671563)   #2
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't live in the states, so it's hard to say. It seems to depend on where the media is as well... I've seen some pretty positive articles about Cart on news sites in Long Beach, Portland, Miami, St. Petes, Cleveland....coincidence? No...

This is where the quote comes from: Tiago Monteiro "...the American media seems to want to kill CART with their rumors; most of the journalists don’t help that in America. From the inside, it’s so not true. CART is getting better and better."

From my experience on these boards and reading, that's definately true! The people that are enthusiastic about Cart's death are those that have absolutely no involvement in the series, no contact at all with anyone in the Cart community, don't go to races, and probably don't even watch the races. Everyone that I've seen, talked to and read abou that has any involvement (or press that regularily covers it) seems quite bullish on Cart right now. The finances do not look good on paper, and Cart is in a tricky spot with respect to its status as a public company - definately big hurdles that need to be sorted out, but I'm pretty sure they will be by mid-August. The product itself though, hasn't been better in years and is attracting more new attention than it has in years. While there are hurdles to overcome in the background, the series is not dieing, it's growing!
"I used to hate writing, but now I enjoy it. I realized that the purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!" - Calvin and Hobbes