View Single Post
Old 3 Oct 2012, 17:02 (Ref:3145806)   #64
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Just resurrecting this thread. I took these (the track pics) at the Bahrain WEC, with my 100-400 lens. Because I flew with hand baggage I didn't take my monopod so the shutter speed was relatively high. However I quite like the results.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/4098191...7631658417227/
Nice shots Peter.

I'm quite surprised to see the GoPros stuck on the cars at various places. For some reason I would have expected a more sophisticated positioning and mounting method. Presumably any aero effect is a not issue. On of the shots seems to show 2 camera devices mounted between the air intakes just in the front of the fin. Presumably it's an area with no useful airflow that can be compromised. Or is the other way around - a good place to install something that disturbes the air flow?

Actually being able to spot that and raise the discussion point probably says a lot about the quality and versatility of the 100-400 lens.

Last edited by grantp; 3 Oct 2012 at 17:02. Reason: Type