View Single Post
Old 22 Apr 2016, 17:35 (Ref:3635723)   #41
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
one of the problems (or benefits depending on your point of view) is that DRS does enable closer racing....rather even passes that dont happen at the end of a DRS zone are in part also aided by the DRS sections.

its a tough nut. i resent that a 'gimmick' aid is needed in the first place but i see the benefits of it.

but on the whole, imo, there is a lot more passing and action throughout the length of the track now then prior to the DRS era when passing seemed to only be relegated to passes made at the end of long straights (which was the premise of the Tilke designs).

not sure if that made sense or not.
I don't know if DRS necessarily enables closer racing but it does enable overtaking as we all know, given the current aero configuration of the cars.

I can't say I've noticed a marked increase in overtaking without DRS but with 18 races left on the calendar, I will be watching with great interest.