View Single Post
Old 21 Apr 2011, 10:45 (Ref:2867442)   #25
Yannick
Veteran

Yannick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Here's hoping that Randy Bernard keeps the balance between ovals and road/street courses. He is quoted as saying it's either Phoenix and maybe another ISC track or no ISC tracks at all. I wonder what other ISC oval he might be after.

Scheduling IndyCar is difficult because so many good tracks are located relatively close to each other. The Sonoma-Laguna-Fontana cluster is not the only one. There is also the one just south of the Great Lakes: Milwaukee-Chicagoland-Road America-Michigan Speedway-Detroit.

Unless those markets were doing much better, I'm afraid that the Series is likely to host only one race in the areas. And at the time, that's Sonoma because of the deal with Bruton Smith, and the Milwaukee Mile because the fans wanted it. Now that is something. They put it back on the calendar because the fans wanted it. Imagine any other motor sports series promoter, say, Bernie Ecclestone doing that. He just wouldn't.

Fans have been requesting Phoenix recently as the series does not really go to the southwest at the time, so let's hope he gets it.
And most important of all, let's take these one track at a time.

Quebec? Well, I wonder why there is still no track on in the northwest. For a Canadian track, I'd prefer Vancouver, but I guess they put some buildings in its path at some point. Besides, the oval-twisties balance must be kept and it's already swinging a lot towards road courses these days.