View Single Post
Old 6 Feb 2012, 09:31 (Ref:3022052)   #2573
Steptoe
Racer

England
10618 miles from Le Mans - NSW Australia
Steptoe should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSteptoe should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGD View Post
But, seriously, I think Audi has a pretty good shot at taking a 1-2-3-4 at Le Mans this year. It'll be hard to get everything lined up perfectly for four cars (especially two with the new hybrids), but if they can pull their heads out of their arses, I think they have a pretty good shot at things. Toyota is definitely a wildcard, but they have a lot to prove still.
Its all a bit of an unknown till final ACO rules are produced but from the latest press release it would appear that the hybrids have to run front wheels to put the power down "Energy can be released to the front wheels but only above 120 km/h. Safety measures concerning the specific braking requirements for hybrid engines have also been defined. " thats about the only ruling I've seen. This could all change though ...
That said I don't know the rules but bar a weight penalty (drive system etc) could the Audis run effectively 4 Diesels and just turn OFF the 'Hybrid' system ?? If there is no ruling that it has to be working at the finish then what have you got to loose, with an already proven diesel engine .If so I agree with AGD we will probably see a top 4 Audi finish .