View Single Post
Old 8 Sep 2012, 22:32 (Ref:3132997)   #2494
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rennen View Post
I havn't commented on this topic since it started, and was surprised to find it was still running and people still whinging about it!

I've been following F1 since 1960 when Jack Brabham won the title in a Cooper. My personal hero was Jim Clark as he wasn't a celebrity he was a 'sportsman' and loyal to his team (Lotus) and could jump in any catagory of car and win.

Back in the 1960's TV was Black & White and very fuzzy 428 Lines as it was called, and all we 'fans' got was Silverstone and Monaco...all the rest of our knowledge came from reading Motoring News on a Wednesday and Autosport on Thursday. If you were really lucky the winner of a GP was mentioned on the evening News! (Usually only if there was a fatality!!!)

I love my SKY F1 in HD, I can pause it, rewind it to study an action over and over if need be, I can fast forward to pass the Commercials and celebrity trivia.

I can watch all three practices and Qualy too whenever 'I' want.

They have plenty of ex F1 drivers to call upon, not just the same ones like the Beeb and don't just cut n run after the race either...they stick around and pick up the paddock post race chatter.

And it only cost me £10.25 to add the F1 channel to my basic SKY package, I don't have SKY Sports (I hate ball games with a passion) my monthly premium is £34.94 which is a damn sight cheaper than the fuel you'd use to get to Silverstone and back!

Thank you SKY I love my F1 HD channel!

Lovely post thank you, what a deal goodness...